February 04, 2021
Everyday Herb Crusted Steak
There's nothing like a spicy crust to complement a good steak's flavor! We like to use the classic method of doing a quick sear in a pan followed by an oven finish. You can use any type of steak here, so if you are diverting from filet, give a thick ribeye or new york strip a go.
2 8oz Filet Mignon Steaks
2 Tbsp Canola Oil
4 Tbsp Everyday Herb by Outside Table
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl big enough to hold both steaks, coat with oil and Everyday Herb seasoning. Make sure each steak is coated evenly with the oil and seasoning.
- Place a thick bottom skillet on a high heat stove top burner. Place the steaks on your hot pan for 2 minutes and then flip for another 2 minutes.
- Flip one more time and place the skillet in the oven immediately for 10 minutes. Check the internal temp after 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven at 130 degrees for a rare steak.
- Immediately take it out of the hot pan and let it rest for 5 minutes - it will reach 135 degrees for a perfect rare cook. For a medium rare steak, take it out of the oven at 135-140 degrees and let rest. If you would like a well done steak, we cannot be friends.
Pro tip! I like to toss in a couple of Tbsp of butter into the pan about five minutes into its oven time. When you take it out of the oven, spoon the butter and drippings over the steak after you take it out of the pan to rest. This ensures a juicy steak on the plate.