Looking for a sizzling appetizer to kick off your next meal? We love these scrumptious shrimp treats created by our friend @wifestyle_cooking and featuring Outside Table Sunday Sauce. What's better than a crispy bite of honey, bacon, shrimp and cheese with a fresh asparagus center? A perfect blend of heat and sweet!
1 lb. shrimp (about 20 pieces), peeled and deveined, with tails still on
7 pieces of thick-cut bacon, cut into thirds
2 tbsp Sunday Sauce by Outside Table
2 tbsp Honey
20 Asparagus tips (1 per shrimp)
Swiss cheese slices, broken into small 1" squares
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the bacon on the lined sheet and bake for 10 minutes. You are looking for slightly crisp edges, but not crispy bacon pieces.
- Tuck the shrimp and the cheese into each shrimp, wrap with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place shrimp on prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Sunday Sauce and Honey.
- Brush shrimp with about half sauce.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp and shrimp is cooked.
- Optional: For an extra crisp, brush with remaining maple butter and broil 3 minutes.