Our friend @thesaltycooker loves a good risotto! It's one of her favorite comfort dishes, either as a side or the main course. In this recipe, she paired it with a roasted chicken, seasoned with Friday Fennel by Outside Table. A truly tasty comfort meal!
Ingredients for Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a roasting pan, layer your potatoes. In between layers, season with a little salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken with Friday Fennel, salt and pepper. Place half of a lemon inside of the chicken.
- Place the chicken on top of the potatoes, cover and roast for approx 1-1 1/2hrs or until the internal temp reaches 165.
- Pull and allow to rest for 10 minutes. (I saved the potatoes for a side to this dish and for chicken leftovers.)
Ingredients for Risotto
- In one pot add the water, chicken stock and Friday Fennel. Bring to a boil, add the rice and reduce heat to med/low.
- Add the wine, salt and pepper.
- Once the risotto is starting to get creamy and is almost cooked all the way, add the cheese mushrooms and lemon zest.
Plate the risotto with the roasted chicken on top. Add a sprig of fresh thyme for garnish and enjoy!